Learn Cassandra: Details of best Cassandra tutorials, books & courses 2020
Whether you’re a Freshmen, an intermediate developer or experienced senior folk in your team -you’ll eventually hit a point where you feel like you are no longer making progress.
Where you think you’re no longer learning new things …
Or where you recognize you’re good at basic of some technology or tool you work with – but you don’t know what to learn next, or how.
Most importantly if you’re planning to join a course or book..and sometimes feel “stuck” in your learning path…
if you’re wondering how to go from “Writing NOSQL Queries” or mastering the syntax of CSQL…But Cassandra isn’t just about mastering few syntaxes…
its also about mastering the key concept of fault-tolerant and scale-able databases.
Not only this you also need to understand Cassandra’s features more efficiently …including the best practices and integration and interaction with other components of “BIGDATA ecosystem”
To overcome, all main pitfalls I have covered details around the learning path of Apache Cassandra from personal experience
There are a lot of great online resources for learning Cassandra. Some of the ones I used are listed below …
lets first start with the list of good resources available for free of cost …
if you’re judging the quality of online resources only by looking at few pieces of available web-pages you might be wrong …there are plenty of good tutorials available
some-time its also depends on the use case of the learner and what is his background …
Well enough introduction … let’s start with the list of resources …
Cassandra Free Tutorials
Data-flair Blog Cassandra tutorials are well organized in term of thing you must know when learning from scratch. Blogs are covered in a well organized small post to cover important aspects of Installation, Architecture, Data-model and difference with another system such as Cassandra Vs Hadoop.
The best part I like about Cassandra tutorials by data-flair is the effective use of graphics to cover Key Terms Of Cassandra. Really impressive!
Anyone who has started must cover topics from this site to gain useful insight and key concepts.
You can bookmark this link – Cassandra Tutorial
If you’re just getting started with Apache Cassandra and NoSQL database technologies, this is the perfect place to start. These tutorials, presented by DataStax experts.
The easiest way to learn Apache Cassandra™ and DataStax Enterprise are to use the resources provided by them.
They provide the detailed technical depth of any topic not to learn only but how the same can be leveraged while building enterprise-ready applications. You will also master Cassandra’s internal architecture by studying the read path, write path, and compaction.
Topics such as consistency, replication, anti-entropy operations, and gossip ensure you develop the skills necessary to build disruptive cloud applications. You can get access to tutorials –Here
In another article, I have also covered details around the python with Datastax Cassandra drivers
Few Important Free Blogs
- Cassandra Database Tutorial for Beginners: Learn in 3 Days – [By Guru 99 ]
- Cassandra – Quick Guide[By Tutorials Point ]
Cassandra Tutorial[By i2tutorials.com]
Paid Online Cassandra Training
Getting Started With Apache Cassandra
This course is designed for the absolute beginner, meaning no prior experience with Cassandra is required. However Experience with databases, SQL, and programming is recommended; this will help to grasp concepts easily.
- Beginner to Intermediate course on Apache Cassandra
What is Covered in it :
- Start by learning how to install Cassandra, and then move onto understanding ways to communicate with Cassandra & working with model data
- This video tutorial will also cover creating an application, updating and deleting data, selecting hardware, and adding nodes to a cluster. You will also learn how to monitor a cluster, repair and remove nodes, and redefine a cluster.
- Once you have completed this video-based training course, you will have a solid understanding of Cassandra, and be able to use Cassandra for your own development projects. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
- More than 120+ tutorials / 8 hours on-demand video
- Few Working files
How is a review:
The tutorial is the detailed lecture.T hen, It’s good for getting more Cassandra knowledge. It has complete details on managing your cluster & step by step guide.
- Getting Started With Apache Cassandra
- Learn Apache Cassandra from Scratch
- Learn Big Data Testing with NoSQL using Cassandra and HBase
- Learn Apache Cassandra Using Datastax In 30 Minutes
- Mastering Apache Cassandra Developer and Admin from Scratch
Apache Cassandra Certification Training
This Apache Cassandra Certification Training will develop your expertise in working with the high-volume Cassandra database management system as part of the Big Data Hadoop framework. With this Cassandra training, you will learn Cassandra concepts, features, architecture and data model, and how to install, configure and monitor open-source databases. The Casandra course is ideal for software developers and analytics professionals who wish to further their careers in the Big Data field.
You can download syllabus here –
- Professionals aspiring for a career in NoSQL databases and Cassandra
What is Covered in it :
- Start by learning how to install Cassandra, Covers topics on Cassandra advanced architecture
- Overview of the fundamentals of Big Data and NoSQL databases, an understanding of Cassandra and its features, architecture and data model, its role in the Hadoop Big Data ecosystem
- Show you how to install, configure and monitor Cassandra.
- 180 days of access to high-quality, self-paced learning content designed by industry experts
- Few Working files/Includes 77 quizzes, 5 demos, and 3 hands-on lab exercises
How is a review:
The Apache Cassandra course offered by Simplilearn includes both online and classroom training. The courseware also includes demos for a better understanding of the key concepts.
please let me know your thought on these courses.