The True Strategy of Liferay behind Launching of Liferay DXP
Liferay enterprise portal is also one of those ideas that could win the world
Liferay has evolved the entire definition of the industry’s business strategy as a part of their strategy. Many of the reputed firms including Liferay Consulting firms advocated this strategy and expressed high expectations from the revolutionary version of Liferay.
Necessity used to be called as a mother of invention but the creative phenomenon of modern technology world looks beyond addressing any necessity. It is more about empowering the industries by furnishing them with the next level technology tools. Hence, the technology world keeps experiencing constant innovation through converting an idea into the product or application. Liferay enterprise portal is also one of those ideas that could win the world by proving its worth.
When several studies carried out by globally well-known technology, management and business consulting firms found and published several critical issues encountered by smart world’s industries, team Liferay thought of the high-end Liferay Application Development possibilities and converted Liferay portal into a platform; digital experience platform. One of those critical issues was:
Substandard integration with back-end systems
- Regardless of B2B or B2C nature of the business houses, their customers expected completely transparent and well-communicated customer experience. They wished to have outright access to information related to their purchase lifecycle handy along with need base interactions.
- The self-service facility was anticipation where they can manage their requirements themselves. On the other hand, it was much beneficial to a business house as well in making the process automated and reducing the workload of their in-house personnel.
- The tool to fulfil such expectations needs heavy integration with back-end systems managed in an intuitive manner. Liferay had one of the greatest portal capabilities, but more offerings were still to be envisioned from Liferay Development
- Agility and scalability were also significant aspects to cope with the changing needs and complex data routing
What other co-existing technologies had to offer
- IBM WebSphere with larger employee and customer experience suites aligned with effective digital data connector (DDC) strategy
- Oracle WebCenter integrated with core Oracle solutions
- SAP Enterprise Portal with strong integration possibilities with other SAP technologies such as ERP, CRM, SRM etc.
- OpenText Portal known for its strengths in enterprise content management (ECM), Business Process Management and document management
Open source Portals
- Each of the co-existing technologies may have its pros and cons, and sometimes it is more about addressing specific requirements in a cost-effective manner through a custom application.
- Hence, mid to large size enterprises prefer to build their own solutions using open sources portal framework such as Drupal, Red Hat JBoss and Liferay Portal Development framework
The Liferay Strategy
According to Edwin Chung VP of Product Management for Liferay,
Liferay DXP helps companies present the right personalized experience for the moment: frustrated customers need help, not targeted offers, while a great service experience is an opportunity to upsell. By deeply integrating with the systems that support business units and processes, companies can act on customer sentiment and history to give customers the right resource or offer when they’re ready for it.
In fact, Liferay has evolved the entire definition of the industry’s business strategy as a part of their strategy. Many of the reputed firms including Liferay Consulting firms advocated this strategy and expressed high expectations from the revolutionary version of Liferay.
The accomplishment of getting accredited as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portals for seven times by Gartner shows the strategic and visionary approach to team Liferay. Increasing number of Liferay Integration exhibits the success of its DXP version assuring high regards from both techies and industries.